Fire renders several homeless in Monrovia

Emmanuel Weedee

101

The Worwein Community on the Capitol Bye-Pass in Electoral District #8, Montserrado County was a place of complete sorrow during the early evening hours of Sunday, November 6, 2022 as a result of a fire disaster that rendered several homeless.

According to information gathered by this paper, fire gutted the home containing seven families who are now being made homeless. The house in question is situated opposite the headquarters of the Liberia National Police (LNP) in Monrovia.

Although there is no confirmed report on the cause of the fire outbreak, eyewitnesses have attributed the incident to electrical shock.

KMTV’s reporter Zac Tortiamah Sherman, who serves as Youth Chairperson of the Community, told the Heritage there is no causality of life.

Worwein is part of the 23 communities in Electoral District 8 of Montserrado under the Representation of Rep. Acarous Moses Gray.

Reporter Zac pointed out that dwellers of the Warwein Community made tremendous effort in curtailing the outbreak but all efforts were fruitless as the house continued to burn to ashes with dwellers not having the second chance to take away anything.

Additionally, the Liberia National Fire Service (LNFS) also made several interventions, but also proved futile.

Meanwhile, the victims have sounded an SOS call to officials of government as well as philanthropic organizations and individuals to come to their aid as they are in dire need for shelters and clothing.

 

 

 

Comments are closed.